Monday, August 17, 2009

Another Review

I haven't talked in a while, but my step mom had to use the computer all weekend, so I didn't get to use it. I guess that could have been a good thing, though. I was able to finish my projects for school early and then read the rest of the time. And that is why I am here today: to bring you my review of Along for the Ride!!
It’s been so long since Auden slept at night. Ever since her parents’ divorce—or since the fighting started. Now she has the chance to spend a carefree summer with her dad and his new family in the charming beach town where they live.

A job in a clothes boutique introduces Auden to the world of girls: their talk, their friendship, their crushes. She missed out on all that, too busy being the perfect daughter to her demanding mother. Then she meets Eli, an intriguing loner and a fellow insomniac who becomes her guide to the nocturnal world of the town. Together they embark on parallel quests: for Auden, to experience the carefree teenage life she’s been denied; for Eli, to come to terms with the guilt he feels for the death of a friend.

In her signature pitch-perfect style, Sarah Dessen explores the hearts of two lonely people learning to connect.


Okay, first let me just say amazing! I absolutely loved this book. I was a fan of Sarah Dessen's before, but this put her on a whole new level. It was an amazing book about changes in a young girl's life, as always, but for some reason this one stuck out for me. I took so many things from the book with me back into the real world and I plan to live by them for the rest of my life. It was truly inspirational and just seemed to strike a chord within me. I must say that I love the way she would move to flash backs, or skip a section and then retell. It was like you were getting the story like her friends but with her own thoughts too. Like you were her best friend. It was cool. I will always remember this book. So, I definately suggest that you read it also and hopefully it can mean as much to you as it did to me.

And thst's about it. I'm reading Blue is for Nightmares now. I'll hopefully have the review up soon.

Until Later,

Gemo <3

No comments:

Post a Comment