Sunday, August 29, 2010

Cheap

So, I'm online looking for a new backpack; preferably one that doesn't cost a fortune. Thing is, there isn't one. Everything that I can find is at least thirty to forty dollars. And if you want quality you have to be willing to spend a little more. It's outrageous, the prices, these days. I mean who has the money to spend $50 on a book bag? It's ridiculous. It makes me wonder if the word 'cheap' is even relevant anymore. Everything is outrageously priced due to wacky inflation and this recession that is supposed to be over but is still wreaking havoc on our nation. It's crazy. It makes me wonder how things will be in a few years when I;m out in the world alone. Will I make it without my grandparents there to buy me what I need, or God forbid, what I want? Will I be able to make enough money to splurge on the occasional book? What is going to happen to me when I'm an adult and responsible of my own children? It's scary to think about. But thinking about it makes me appreciate things so much more. So, thinks parents and grandparents of the World!

Until Later,

Gemo <3

No comments:

Post a Comment